D.C.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait, what?!? (Rueben / Jeremy)

2 posters

Go down

Wait, what?!? (Rueben / Jeremy) Empty Wait, what?!? (Rueben / Jeremy)

Post  Delta Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Jeremy was chillin' around the house. Rueben had sent him a couple texts earlier saying that he wanted to talk about something, so the psusdo-superior had invited his friend over. He was leaned back on the futon, slouching a little bit with a bowl of Doritos set out on the table, a 49ers football game on the television. The game didn't really interest him much, but it was Sunday, there wasn't much else on, and he couldn't deny he liked the view of of all those toned men in the tightest clothes possible.

A small smirk crossed his face as the camera somehow managed to close in a couple tight asses, and at that moment the doorbell rang. He got up, letting his eyes linger on the television as he made his way to the door, throwing it open to reveal his friend standing there. "Hey!" he called out brightly, standing back to let Rueben in and pulling him into a quick, friendly hug. "What's up, man? You hungry? I ordered a pizza... Remind me, I owe you $5 bucks for getting here first," he teased and led the way into the living room where they could sit down. He turned the tv down, but left the game on as light background noise. Besides... the sound wasn't what was important anyway.
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wait, what?!? (Rueben / Jeremy) Empty Re: Wait, what?!? (Rueben / Jeremy)

Post  Foxtrot Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 pm

"Hey!" Rueben forced a small grin, not that he wouldnt smile seeing his best friend but just the overall situation was a little overwhelming for the intern. The young man battled many different things through the past: monsters, aliens, thugs. None of them stressed him out as much as the news Rosie gave him. He was happy nonetheless, but still very nervous with the responsbility that seemed to just drop on his lap.

"yeah? I'll make sure you pay you up." The intern chuckled and returned the hug, his bright eyes lingered on the TV for a moment before making his way towards the familiar living room and sitting down on his usual spot. " Games on huh? Obviously." Rueben muttered and reached to take a handful of chips. " So whats up? You got your guys in line or did you figured out what your going to do? Maybe date em? stay the single life and just mess around a bit? "
Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

https://cyrax.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 pm

"You know it," Jeremy replied with a teasing grin as he detoured into the kitchen to grab a couple of beers out of the fridge and offered one over to his friend when he sat down. "Bunch of built guys in tights?" He let out a little laugh and grabbed some chips, angling himself on the futon so that he was more looking towards his friend than the TV. "I seriously don't know. I'm kinna liking playing the single card for a while. It lets me just be myself, only thing is I'm not really sure I wanna get myself too involved with anyone especially if I'm not ready for that commitment, you know?" he ranted, tilting his head to the side a little. He really wasn't sure; he was enjoying the random visits from Roger, and the nights out with Adrian, but at the same time... he truly didn't want to get too tied down. He'd spent far too long like that with Noah and he honestly liked the freedom he had.

"Maybe I should go out clubbin', just a night out by myself or with a wingman," he nudged Rueben and gave his friend a little wink. "Just sort of see what happens, right?" He asked, again teasing just a little bit, but at the same time, he trusted Rueben to either keep him from going overboard, or to be supportive depending on the situation. "What about you? Everything goin' good with you and Rosie?" he asked, just as the doorbell rang. "Shit... hold that thought..." he requested as he got up to get his wallet. He headed to the door to get the pizza that had been delivered. When he came back a couple minutes later, he set the box on the table and handed Rueben the $5 that he promised. "So, yeah, you and Rosie?" he asked, pulling a slice out of the box and starting to eat the warm, gooey, cheesy goodness.
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:22 am

"Do whatever you gotta do, man " Rueben chuckled light heartedly and allowed a bright grin to grow. " Just make sure your safe out there alright?" The intern couldnt help but be concerned about his best friend; he sure wasnt going to stop him on doing anything unless Rueben knew it was just completely crazy. Its kind of in the job description to knock a little sense into your friends head if they go a little overboard. " But yeah, if you want to go to a night club or something I'll be more than happy to go with you... just, tell me when you meet a guy so I can kinda step out; if I'm alone too long I think I'm going to get a couple of guys attention in there." The intern joked and adjusted his seating by shifting foreward.

"Rosie and I? Oh uh.. actually thats what I wanted to tal~ " Rueben stopped mid sentence and allowed his bright eyes to land on the door. " Its cool." The boy replied and nodded towards his friend to answer the door. Rueben was starting to get nervous, it was kind of a big deal so he really wanted Jeremys full attention. When his friend finaly sat back down he took a deep breathe and leaned foreward once more. " Jeremy uhm... theres really no other way to say it but uhm." The intern nodded and licked his lips; silence now taking over as he found the correct words.

" I'm going to be a dad." Rueben chose and allowed his gaze towards his friend. " Rosies Pregnant."
Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 am

"Don't worry, I got your back..." Jeremy teased his best friend with a grin. If there was any chance at all that a guy could've made a move on Rueben, Jeremy would've made it a LONG time ago. Rue was the perfect guy for him, and he always knew that if only his friend was gay, they'd already be happy together. Or at least, that's what he wanted to believe. He didn't ever tell himself anything different. There wasn't a reason to.

Then... WHAM!

Jeremy literally stopped mid bite on his pizza when Rueben delivered the news. Absolute disbelief in his growing eyes. It took him a second to remember he had hot food in his mouth and quickly finished the bite and set down the slice, still looking completely shocked. "You're.... a...." He blinked a couple of times as he watched his friend's reaction for anything that might indicate that he was joking. He let his jaw drop for a second before he finally broke into a smile. "Holy fucking SHIT!" he called out, his smile growing even more into a grin. "Are you shitting me?!?" he asked, flinging his arms around his friend in a tight hug. "Wow, man! That's great!" he called out, backing up a little and looking Rueben in the eyes, his own going shifty a little. "...Right?" he asked, wanting to make sure he was reacting the right way. He guessed he was based on Rueben's way of saying it and how he and Rosie were, but he wanted to be sure.
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 am

Rueben winced a little when he saw Jeremys first reaction, but when he finally showed that he was happy for him he couldnt help but feel a little relieved! " y-yeah! I mean, its great and all but~ " He shook his head and allowed his bright eyes to land on his lap. " Jeremy, I dont know if I'm ready.. and.. you know what? It doesnt matter if I'm ready or not cause.. cause the babies coming. Its nothing we can stop you know?" Rueben looked up at his friend with his brows arched. Aborotion was NOT an option for Rueben!

" ...I mean, I got a plan and everything its just. unexpected? god do I sound like a total ass hole saying that?!" Rueben got up from his seat and started to pace around, his true emotion on the manner now starting to leak out a little. " I used protection! Honest! Why are condoms even made if they dont do what theyre suppose to do?! Oh my god, did I just say that?! " The interns jaw dropped as he ran his fingers through his brown hair. " Dont tell Rosie I said that."

Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:41 am

"Dude, dude," Jeremy called out, keeping the smile on his face as he got up to try and calm his friend down. He stopped in front of Rueben and grabbed onto his friend's shoulders. "Calm down." He could tell from the look a few seconds ago that suggesting an abortion was not going anywhere; not that it was something that instantly came to mind, but it was technically an option to stop it. Still, Jeremy acted like he hadn't even considered it, priding himself on knowing Rueben's cues pretty well. "It happens sometimes. And, no, it doesn't make you an asshole for thinking it, man." His expression was a little more serious now as he looked his friend directly with his dark eyes. "Just because it's a baby doesn't mean that you can't be surprised by it, alright?"

He pulled back away from his friend and his smile returned before he started to actually laugh a little. "You're gonna be a dad..." he repeated, putting his hands on his hips, almost like he was a father himself; it was the look he gave to Cody whenever his nephew told him something he was genuinely proud of. "And you're gonna be a great one, Rue... And you know it."
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 pm

"What? what?!" He replied back from the 'dude dude' with his bright eyes wide as ever. Rueben knew he was probably over reacting but this was something he really wasnt expecting! " I mean.. sure I wanted to have kids in the future? Maybe when we're ready? What if my job doesnt pull through? What if the money I make isnt enough to support Rosie and ..little baby. What if I get a girl? I dont know how girl things work! Thats what Rosies for right? She can explain stuff like that... what if.. what if the baby doesnt like me!?"

Rueben let out a grunt and moved to sit back down in his seat with his face in his palms. " Thanks... I guess" The intern muttered after hearing the compiment from hsi friend about him being a great dad. " I dont think we can really tell until the baby finally gets here.. but the baby is only one thing I'm stressing about." Rueben peaked over at his best friend with his lips pursed. " ..shes scared to tell her parents because we arent married. I love her but.. marriage? babies?! Next thing you know I'm driving a van full of kids taking them to their soccer game"
Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Jeremy sat down next to his friend and reached out for his hand, pulling it down and placing Rueben's beer in it, the bartender feeling like the Intern needed a drink just to calm himself down a little bit. "Seriously? Is there anyone who doesn't like you?" Jeremy asked calmly. "It's going to be YOUR baby, of course he'll... or she'll like you!" He waited for Rueben to take a drink before taking the beer back and setting it back down on the table. "You're sounding like my sister when she was pregnant with Cody. I got her through it, I'll help you too, man." He reached up and brought Rueben's head into his chest in a warm hug. "Except you have Rosie too. You'll get through it, and seriously, you'll be a great dad. You're great with kids, your patient, and your open minded."

He let Rueben rant for a few more moments before he looked into those bright eyes that he genuinely fell in love with long ago; a love he knew he would, and and now could, never know. "You know, as you said, the baby's coming, but at least you can plan for it. Not like he's gonna just pop out tomorrow. But... dude you guys gotta figure out what you're gonna do. Cus, you can only hide that for so long, you know?"
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

" Jeremy, I know what I'm SUPPOSE to do but I dont want to feel like im being forced into doing it.. you know? Man, I honestly feel really bad saying stuff like that." He sat back in his seat and slumped a little, his hand reaching out for his beer so he had something to hold and stare at .

"I mean yeah I love her but. .I .. I didnt expect things to turn out this way. We havent even been together in a relationship that long.. but now that we're having a baby come. Its.. its kind of a done deal. Its already sealed. " His bright eyes panned over towards his best friend and offered a very soft smile. " I dont want my baby living a life without a mother and a father.. I want to give them everything my parents gave me.. and more. I just wish it was a different circumstance." Rueben let out another sigh and returned his gaze back to the beer he was holding.

Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delta Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:25 pm

A small smile crept across Jeremy's face as he looked up at his friend. "It's normal to feel like this, alright man? Hell, you shoulda seen how my sister started to freak out. It's a big commitment, man, but you know what? You'll make it. And you know what else? You'll be great at it. I know because you already care. As stressed as you are, you're already talking about how much you want for your kid." He reached out and put a gentle hand on his best friend's shoulder, rubbing it lightly. "Guess this kills my chances with you though," he added in a teasing voice, more to try to get Rueben to relax than as any expression of true feelings. He had long ago determined that his best friend was not availible to him, no matter how badly he wanted the Intern.
Delta
Delta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxtrot Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 am

"Yeah.. yeah I suppose your right.." Rueben had to take another breath for himself before moving to sit back on the sofa and actually relaxing. He had this eyes on the television but he really wasnt watching the game, it was going to be awhile before he could just not think about the baby that would soon be here! There he goes again, with another realization Rueben nodded and tried his best to change the topic in his mind. " So.. you want to maybe head to the clubs tonight? "
Foxtrot
Foxtrot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down